AMMA miningoilandgasjobs.com Resource Industry Market Outlook
Posted: 26/09/2015 10:00:00 AM
Mining Oil and Gas Jobs
Filed under: Career-resources
Regardless of the recent price turbulence, the majority of the commodities produced by the Australian resource industry will remain essential now and into the future. The world’s energy and minerals demand is not abating because:
- It is forecast that from 2015 until 2050, mankind will use more energy than in all of previous human history.
- Globally, there are more than 1.1 billion people without access to electricity - 400million people alone in India.
- The United Nations estimates 100m people are homeless worldwide and as many as 1 billion lack adequate housing.
- The OECD predicts the global middle class will increase from 1.8 billion people in 2009, to 3.2 billion by 2020 and 4.9 billion by 2030. The bulk of this growth will come from Asia.
- Ongoing development and urbanisation will drive various intensities of demand and production for different mineral and energy commodities.
The resource industry commodity price boom has moved past its peak, however mining is far from over with strong opportunities for recovery and new activity on the horizon for those countries and producers able to seize them.
For more information about the future of Mining, Oil and Gas head to www.miningoilgasjobs.com.au/
Add your comment