Mining Oil and Gas Jobs Home | Blog | Contact Us
Mining Oil and Gas Jobs BlogMining Jobs
Mining & MetalsOil, Gas & EnergyConstructionLife in AustraliaCareer ResourcesTraining & Development

International Students


AMMA Training & Development
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Career Planning for Students
Career Pathways
Australian Universities
Information on Registered Training Organisations
Mining Schools
Industry Recognised Training Providers
Up Skilling, Retraining and Professional Development
Job Descriptions

Get our blog delivered to your inbox

International Students

Are you an international student? Over the next few years, skills in the Australian resources sector will be in great demand. If you’re looking to study overseas, Australia is a great choice. Study at one of our universities, state training providers or registered training organisations and learn everything you need to know to get ahead in this booming industry.

English Language Courses

English language skills are a prerequisite for studying at any Australian institution. If you’re an international student you can study a range of English language courses; from general English through to IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge Certificate exam preparation at a number of specialty institutions.


There are 47 universities in Australia and they all accept international students. The list includes: To be accepted into any Australian university you’ll need to meet strict entry requirements. In most cases these will include:

Demonstrated English language skills.

If you come from a country where English is not the national language, you’ll need to have IELTS or TOEFL test scores that fall within a specified range set by the institution.

An acceptable academic record.

For undergraduate admissions, you need to prove that you’ve finished schooling to a level equivalent to Year 12 in Australia. You may need to show official documents and transcripts so be sure to have them handy.

If you’ve already completed college or university study in your home country, you may be able to apply for advanced standing, credit or exemption from certain courses. The criteria for advanced standing is different for each university, so talk to an Accreditation Officer if you have questions.

State Training Providers

If you’d prefer to study towards learning a trade or a vocation, you can enrol with a state training provider or registered training organisation (RTO). There are hundreds in Australia, based in all capital cities and regional centres. The entry requirements for each institution differ, but in most cases you will need to show you have academic IELTS test results that fall within a specified range.

The following pages have course information and contact details for a number of state training providers and RTOs.
Need more information about RTOs? Have a read through the website.

Student Visas

If you decide to come to Australia to study, you’ll need to organise a student visa. The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) is responsible for granting all student visas. The best part is – you can apply online! All you need to do is check your assessment level and fill in the form at the DIAC website.

Studying in Australia is a great option for international students. Not only is it a wonderful place to live and learn, but also, the qualifications you receive put you in the perfect position to land a job in the resources sector.

Need help applying to study in Australia? Visit the Study in Australia website for a step-by-step guide.

Visit our Training Resources section for more information.
Mining Jobs

Careers and Industry Guide

Mining & Metals
Oil, Gas & Energy
Alternative Energy
Living & Working in Australia
Career Resources
Training and Development

Contact Us

Mining Oil and Gas Jobs Blog RSS Feed Mining Oil and Gas Jobs on LinkedIn Mining Oil and Gas Jobs YouTube Mining Oil and Gas Jobs Twitter Mining Oil and Gas Jobs on Facebook

International Association of Employment Web Sites Member
alyka web design perth